Start of a Memorable Trip

Start of a Memorable Trip

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thanks from Kim


Thanks for thinking of me on my 50th. I can't believe I am 50. It has really been an exciting and interesting birthday so far. I just love all the different styles of architecture. For instance our guide pointed out a cubist lamp on a street corner next to very old medieval carved doors. The whole city is like this!!!I It is a bit like life, full of highs and lows, new and old and unexpected challenges and joys. The Czechs are a confused people, first they fought off the Prussians, then the Swedes, then the Nazis invaded and then they were liberated by their oppressors, the Russians. And through all this they made music and art and learned to laugh at themselves, with satirical statues. Perhaps I can learn something from them on my birthday!

Hugs to you all,

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kim
    What an incredible way to enjoy a 50th birthday! I am so enjoying your travelogue - together with the faulous photos, I am having a virtual tour of Prague! Is it possible to also gain weight via the written word???
    All the best on your special birthday
    Love
    Anne and Gordie

    ReplyDelete