Start of a Memorable Trip

Start of a Memorable Trip

Monday, July 12, 2010

Pulling Into Dresden

We aren't getting off but the train will stop here briefly. We found the boarding process in Prague to be chaotic with nobody available to assist, and since we didn't have reserved seats I didn't know what would happen once we were onboard. I had visions of having to schlep the bags through multiple cars until we found seats. But it was fine and we're having a nice chat with a couple from Scotland while we nod off intermittently.

A dining cart just came by and we used up almost all of the remainder of our Czech money which made me very happy. We will save the five crown coin (worth about 30 cents by a quick calculation-and it wasn't so quick as my aging brain now needs more time for such calculations that used to be more instantaneous) as a momento.

Hopefully the sandwich we just split was properly chilled in this heat and we won't end up sick from it. (I know-what, me worry?)

While traveling by train I've been reading the Berlin guide book (thank you Anne) and am getting excited. I even found the subway stop near our hotel so we will see whether we try the fun of taking the subway on arrival or go for a cab instead. I think it is too hot for what I think is a 15 minute walk in the heat, with luggage.

1 comment:

  1. Mark, We spent July 5 to 9 at Berlin Hilton on Gendarmenmarkt. Recommend City Circle Sightseeing (yellow buses) for intro city tour. Transit system is phenomenal: 6.10 Euros gives you all-day access to U-Bahn, S-Bahn and all trams and buses.
    Tom O'Hara

    ReplyDelete