Start of a Memorable Trip

Start of a Memorable Trip

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cooking up a Storm



I'm taking a break from kneading puff pastry while sipping wine-my linen shirt (bad choice) is soaked with sweat. The menu: stuffed zucchini flowers with ricotta cheese and basil (joy), pici pasta with cherry tomatoes and aromatic herbs (nirvana), veal medallion stuffed with black olives (contentment) and flaky pastry with pears, pine nuts and melted chocolate (tears).

We just had a crisis with the dessert as I loaded the pears and custard cream onto the pastry before it was placed into the pan. It required much deliberation to move it into the pan, at which point I was relieved of my duties and turned to blogging to maintain my self esteem.

The chocolate cream is 70% dark chocolate and 30% cream (with a double dose of Crestor before bed).

While cooking we've been drinking Baracchi Smeriglio and it is spectacular. Unfortunately Kim placed her glass on the butcher block table whereupon it was knocked over and wasted.

Photos (and possibly a video) to follow at the next opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment